[DeTomaso] radiator removal

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Oct 20 00:32:15 EDT 2013

In a message dated 10/19/13 19 54 18, demongusta at me.com writes:

> Never removed the radiator before. I have the air condenser in front.
> Does this require removing the bonnet?
>
>>>Although it might be possible to remove it without removing the hood, I
wouldn't try it.   Very carefully trace around the hinges where they bolt to
the hood, with a pencil or a marker that will wash off, so that you can
reposition it perfectly.   Then unbolt the hood, and get after the radiator.
Be cautious when you reinstall it, and then close it for the first time.
Make sure everything lines up perfectly, both on the sides and at the back of
the hood.

You have your A/C up front--is it physically attached to the radiator?   If
so, that's a bummer because you will lose your A/C charge if you have to
take them both out together.