[DeTomaso] NPC: Race Car and General Safety

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 13:04:27 EDT 2013

Should be required reading and viewing for anybody who wants to race and
set a tire on the track.

http://blog.parathyroid.com/race-car-deaths-medical-causes-racing-deaths/

$10 Helmet for a $10 head is what I think about when i hear wanna be racers
complain about the cost of safety equipment.

I spent all week in thick, heavy duty blue jeans, wool socks, leather
boots, leather chaps, a two shirts, a thick lined and padded leather jacket
and a full coverage helmet riding motorcycles in the Mtns of TN/GA/NC, I
saw lots of morons in t-shirts, flip flops and shortie helmets also riding
these same very curvy, steep roads, you don't dress for the ride, you dress
for the fall.

I never raced with a HANS device, but I wouldn't race again without one.

Michael Shortt

--

Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia