[DeTomaso] Reverse switch issues

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Oct 15 23:47:13 EDT 2013

In a message dated 10/15/13 8:23:34 PM, coreyjprice at gmail.com writes:

> I recently bought a reverse switch for my ZF.  The ZF shift housing has a
> hole for the reverse switch to fit into, but it isn't threaded.  The
> reverse switch has a threaded neck with one nut.  I was told to find a thin M10
> nut that can go on the inside and outside, but I have only 0.13" to work
> with between the inside of the housing and the shifter shaft.

A number of us have taken a cheap chinese open-end wrench and ground it
down to fit. Then if needed, split a nut with a hacksaw. Its not like the jam
nuts need much torque to hold the switch in position. Too much space on the
outside (as with using a std or even a half-height nut) and the plunger won't
consistently contact the linkage inside, so the backup light won't turn
off. Good luck- JDeryke