[DeTomaso] POCA Login

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Tue Oct 15 19:49:47 EDT 2013

This email forum, managed by Mailman software was started back in 1996
(as I recall) by a couple of Pantera owners interested in connecting
with other owners.  It had nothing to do with POCA, PI or any other
Pantera business; it was just a few guys taking advantage of the Internet.

A few years back, the owner of the forum was moving things, changing
servers and expressed an interest in no longer hosting the email forum.
POCA stepped up and offered space on the POCA server to keep the email
list alive; as Jeff pointed out, with the stipulation it always be free
and open to all.

POCA has, in it's quest to satisfy as many people as possible, created
an on-line forum, much like what PI has or any number of other bulletin
board type forums.  You have to create an account and log in to post.
As POCA rebuilds the web site, that kind of forum will again be implemented.

Now it gets back to the classic discussion:  which is better?
- Some people would rather move to a new on-line forum paradigm and
ditch this old antiquated Mailman email forum (though it's still
supported, still releasing updates and still being used extensively on
the Internet).
- Some people like the convenience of just looking in their inbox and
responding if they want.  Or sending an email and it posts automatically
without having to create a new topic on-line.

Take your pick.
What most likely -will- happen however, is that the on-line forum will
end up being for POCA members only, require annual dues and require a
login to post.  Viewing might be open but I'm not in that decision tree.

The Mailman email list (which you are reading this from) will remain
open and free.
So.....   don't panic.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired