[DeTomaso] Squeaky suspension

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Oct 13 01:32:04 EDT 2013

In a message dated 10/12/13 21 14 11, grayjim at cox.net writes:

> So.  Does this mean we have to disassemble our entire suspension to lube
> everything? SURELY some genius has figured out how to put that stuff in a
> grease gun.  I've put zerks on top of zerks so I wouldn't have to
> disassemble anything.
>

>>>You can put the stuff in a grease gun, but that isn't going to get it
where it needs to be.   Among other places, it needs to be on the outside,
ends of each bushing, where it touches the suspension mount on the body.

If you don't want squeaky suspension, you either run stock-style bushings,
or you pull your poly bushings and manually goop them up.   Once done, they
pretty well stay done, i.e. it's normally not an item that requires periodic
maintenance.

Failing that, you suck it up and drive around in a car that creaks and
groans and sounds, to bystanders on the sidewalk, as if it's literally falling
apart....