[DeTomaso] Squeaky suspension

John Buckman jb841 at cox.net
Sat Oct 12 13:09:35 EDT 2013

Michael,

There is a special lube for poly bushings, and it's NOT anti-sieze.  I fought squeaks for quite a while with poly bushings in my car.

I tried moly grease, anti-sieze, Sil-Glyde (from NAPA), and graphite impregnated poly bushings from two different Pantera vendors.  Nothing worked for very long.

Then I found Poly Lube, a special lube for poly bushings.  Problem solved.  Poly lube comes in small plastic containers, the same kind of containers that rolls of
35mm film used to come in.  You will need two of these small containers to do a complete suspension, including the sway bar bushings.

http://polybushings.com/

John (just the messenger)