[DeTomaso] Squeaky suspension

Jack Donahue demongusta at me.com
Sat Oct 12 00:04:01 EDT 2013

Pantera Gurus:

My car squeaks. I have to assume it's the suspension, I think. As the years go by, I finally joined POCA and found THE LIST. I read it daily. I had initially brought up "bleeding the cooling system" and got 96 comments. Now, I feel like I have a much better understanding of the Pantera cooling system, especially bleeding. Anyway,  I've not noticed anyone talking about squeaky suspensions, so I guess I had better ask: why does my car sound like the doors in a haunted house?  (as I creep diagonally over a speed bump, for example). It's a temperature-related creek. I can get in the car, back out of the garage, creep over a small gutter, and through a dip as I enter the street. Quietly. When I come back after driving, that same pattern in reverse is embarrassing, if nothing else. When I drive back in you'd think you are in 10 haunted houses as I creep diagonally back through the small gutters and dips. So what gives? A-arm bushings? If so, how so? What is expanding with the heat to make that sound? It just makes common sense that 1) it's the suspension, and not some inherent defect with the whole chassis, and 2) it's metal expanding somewhere.
Jack