[DeTomaso] Exporting Cars

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Oct 10 17:51:19 EDT 2013

In a message dated 10/10/13 13 41 25, ihannington286720mi at comcast.net
writes:

> I have been trying to sell my car to a person who lives in Chile.  We got
> the point where he was about to transfer the money, but he wanted to check
> with his government to make sure he had everything covered.  Anyway, now
> he
> tells me that they will not allow him to import the car because the engine
> is not original and therefore the numbers don't match.  Anyone ever come
> across this when selling a car overseas?
>

>>>That's completely idiotic.   I hate bureaucrats!

It wouldn't be difficult to stamp the original engine number on the block
if that was the only thing standing in the way of the sale.   Then the
bureaucrats are happy!

Of course, it could well be that this is just some stereotypical third
world bureaucrat creating a false roadblock and trying to get a bribe, in which
case nothing but cold hard cash will fix the problem.