[DeTomaso] Pantera at Sema in Optima Challenge

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Wed Oct 9 23:56:36 EDT 2013

Outstanding!!  Do us proud my friend!
Mike Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: DeTomaso [mailto:detomaso-bounces at poca.com] On Behalf Of
rcbsons1 at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 4:29 PM
To: detomaso at poca.com
Subject: [DeTomaso] Pantera at Sema in Optima Challenge

There will be a second Pantera at Sema this year I received a call from Jimi
Day (AMX guy) who I have been bugging for several months and my Pantera (the
first one ever for this event as he stated) has been selected to compete in
the Optima Ulitmate Street Car Challenge... Car will be in a corral with the
others at Sema all week Nov-4-8th then we take a drive to Pahrump for the
event.. Event is on Saturday November 9th same place where we used to run
our Pantera Track Event- you can buy tickets to see the event but if you
want to go you better get it done soon as it does sell out

Competition is several categories

Craftsmanship- hopefully they like old Mario's work Autocross Stop box- run
the car from start to a stop box approx 80 yards out- hardest thing to do
Two timed laps on the course

60 cars selected.. a few will be selected right off the floor of the Sema
event that week

Been wanting to this ever since it started 6 years back

Will try to keep the mark Proud but there are many $300k cars (ridetechs)
built special for this event...

Will be a great event with many press gathering etc and they even have me
handing out baseball cards with the car on it

Bob Benson #3 Pantera