[DeTomaso] Pantera at Sema in Optima Challenge

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Wed Oct 9 21:13:29 EDT 2013

 GO BOB!

Tom
5186

-----Original Message-----
From: rcbsons1 <rcbsons1 at aol.com>
To: detomaso <detomaso at poca.com>
Sent: Wed, Oct 9, 2013 6:35 pm
Subject: [DeTomaso] Pantera at Sema in Optima Challenge

There will be a second Pantera at Sema this year
I received a call from Jimi Day (AMX guy) who I have been bugging
for several months and my Pantera (the first one ever for this
event as he stated) has been selected to compete in the
Optima Ulitmate Street Car Challenge... Car will be in
a corral with the others at Sema all week Nov-4-8th then
we take a drive to Pahrump for the event.. Event is on
Saturday November 9th same place where we used to
run our Pantera Track Event- you can buy tickets to
see the event but if you want to go you better get it
done soon as it does sell out

Competition is several categories

Craftsmanship- hopefully they like old Mario's work
Autocross
Stop box- run the car from start to a stop box approx 80 yards out- hardest
thing to do
Two timed laps on the course

60 cars selected.. a few will be selected right off the floor
of the Sema event that week

Been wanting to this ever since it started 6 years back

Will try to keep the mark Proud but there are many $300k
cars (ridetechs) built special for this event...

Will be a great event with many press gathering etc
and they even have me handing out baseball cards with the car on it

Bob Benson #3 Pantera