[DeTomaso] generator light

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Oct 4 14:57:38 EDT 2013

In a message dated 10/4/13 11 40 2, tcabanski at tencom.com writes:

> Also noticed when the radiator fans which are powered directly from the
> battery start to run the light does not flash at all.
>

>>>I suspect that your radiator fans, when not powered, are spinning freely
in the windflow and acting like generators, creating electrical current
which is backfeeding and causing the light to glow.   When the fans turn on and
receive power, this stops.

On one of my Sciroccos the automatic radiator fan function died so I
created a manual fan setup using a rocker switch, relay, and fan indicator light.
 The light would glow and pulsate dimly when driving down the road, unless
I turned the fan on, at which time it naturally illuminated normally.   And
when stopped, it was out completely.