[DeTomaso] Shifter fix

Dan Courtney dan at excaliburre.com
Wed Nov 27 13:36:41 EST 2013

Thank you Mike.
At the track Sunday we removed the snap ring, the cover plate and an extremely rusty and crusty spring. I thought that was the whole assembly but now I see there's a cylinder at the bottom of the shaft. I'll try and pry this up and out.
Between removing the spring and spraying WD 40 on the trunnion bearing The Beast shifter much better, for about ten laps, then went back to the stage where I'm having to force it into gear (mainly 2nd and 3rd).
I was wondering if the gear oil was breaking down due to heat. My next planned post was to ask for advice on gear oil.
I suppose it's also possible the WD-40 wore out.
By the way, the "roval" at California Speedway is perfect for Panteras. It consists of an infield course with all kinds of turns and 1/2 the banked oval the NASCAR boys use. What a blast it was running up that bank at 160+!

Dan

Dan Courtney
24 Years of Excellent Representation
Excalibur Commercial Real Estate Services
La Jolla, CA
(858) 551-5455 P
(858) 551-5456 F