[DeTomaso] Insurance increase

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Thu Nov 21 12:23:20 EST 2013

Wow!....  really Chris?
You live in a much higher population density area than I do.  And you have a higher declared value, and a helluva lot more engine than what I've built.

And the price you are paying with Hagerty is over $200 less than what they just changed me to.  And I've been with them for over 15 years with my only claim being the one Geico paid last year for the lady that backed into the fender.

They boost my premium by $500 per year and then I find out you have a higher agreed value in what I would think is a higher risk area.

Really?  I hope Hagerty is listening.  I could have requested a full repaint last year along with additional bodywork costing thousands of dollars but I didn't.  I went with the least costly repair to get her back to normal.  And I've not contacted them for any of the other small things I've had fixed on my own, kind of like paying my own deductible without ever saying a word.  And I've had a zero deductible policy with them.

I've never had anything but good service from them, I commend them on their service and support.  But wow...I could pay this much to cover the Pantera through my regular insurer probably, though I wouldn't get replacement value.

I've already started asking for other quotes.  Maybe I'll find Hagerty is in-line with others... I don't know.  But I'm really disappointed the premium went up so much.  It's honestly made me think about selling it.  Because that much increase eats into the play money I had been putting in, which kind of relegates it to being a garage queen..... and that's not what I want.

Asa Jay

Sent using Jedi mind tricks.