[DeTomaso] Ebay Race Pantera?

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Sat Nov 16 01:54:49 EST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: L GRAY <tipo874a at msn.com>
To: Charles Engles <cengles at cox.net>
Cc: thedrol <thedrol at pobox.com>; detomaso <detomaso at poca.com>
Sent: Fri, Nov 15, 2013 7:14 pm
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Ebay Race Pantera?

Exactly correct. Dennis Quella's body is one of two we ( Long &  Newman)?built for Dale Bargeman in the early 1980's in San Marcos, Ca.       Dale built two chassis for these bodies which were both very well
engineered round tube construction.
    L & N built chassis were ALL square tube design.
     I think we built around 4 extra light weight race bodies designed as
Dennis's was to have tilt/lift off nose and tail. These were glass & composite
construction.
     I also think we built around 5 or 6 heavier duty fiberglass bodies for
street use.
     Every now and then I'll run across one of our bodies laying around
somewhere.

Leslie A. Gray

Larry Stock has a complete GT-5 Pantera fiberglas body still in the crate. Is this?a later one or did it come from L & N? Doors/hood/deck have not been separated and?the wheelwells?are still filled in with flashing. No chassis. Curious- J Deryke