[DeTomaso] Ebay Race Pantera?

L GRAY tipo874a at msn.com
Fri Nov 15 23:40:29 EST 2013

Leslie A. Gray

> On Nov 15, 2013, at 8:14 PM, "Mike Drew" <MikeLDrew at aol.com> wrote:
>
> Guys,
>
> It says right in the ad, it's a Chris Wilkins car. Chris has tried for years to get a group 5 Pantera kit car business off the ground, with no success. Only a handful were built and the original that Chris drives is the only one I've seen.
>
> He has brought it to the vegas poca fun rally several times. He was at the first Phoenix event last year too.
>
> I don't think it has any relation to the Long and Newman cars of 30 years ago.
>   >>>
      It IS a L&N body Mike. ( I had a hand in designing it).  I was there when he picked up an original L&N GT-5 body from Lynn Long.
     Lynn provided the frame also. Now Chris ( a dear friend of mine here in Phoenix) made his own mods to the body and chassis , made it all more user friendly and marketable, and went into the business with Lynn Long's blessing along with some tooling technical help. Chris has taken fiberglass car manufacturing to a whole new level with his skills and determination.
    I'm not taking anything away from Chris Wilkins in staring the fact that that body came from. L&N  original mold.