[DeTomaso] do the OEM-type water pumps and thermostats even exist any more?

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Nov 14 13:20:11 EST 2013

Jim,

I'm amazed to hear him say that. Almost every 351C water pump you can buy, from the $35 NAPA special to the $200 and up versions, shares the standard Ford architecture. There are loads of choices.

351c thermostats are easy to buy too. I prefer the RobertShaw 333-180 from Flowkooler, but Stant etc make $7 wonders for the 351c.

I think you should just go direct to the Flowkooler website and order a standard (no need for polished or powdercoated) water pump and their thermostat.

You could just install a normal cheap pump and thermostat if budget was an issue. But since nothing is wrong with your current setup, if you don't want to spring for the good stuff I would just leave it alone.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone