[DeTomaso] do the OEM-type water pumps and thermostats even exist any more?

John Buckman jb841 at cox.net
Thu Nov 14 13:15:28 EST 2013

Tommy says that as far as he knows the OEM bypass-type pumps and thermostats are not even made any more

When was the last time someone installed a new water pump of the OEM style?

Jim

>>>You can get new and reman Cleveland water pumps from most of the auto parts stores, as well as new high flow water pumps from Edelbrock and FlowKooler.  FlowKooler has the correct Cleveland t-stat (with the hat).  Other manufacturers of t-stats are hit-and-miss as to being “correct” for the Cleveland.

FWIW, Tommy told me that he DOES NOT use a Cleveland specific t-stat.  He uses a non Cleveland t-stat and drills a small hole in it (for venting air).  You might want to check with Tommy on this.  He claims that he hasn’t any problems.  Just sayin’…..

John