[DeTomaso] MartiReport Compilation 11-13-2013 @ 7:30 pm

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 19:31:17 EST 2013

> > > I have only received 13 so far
> > >
> > > US Car numbers
> > >

> > > 1971   743  ALL Standard   120 in May   87 Lime GN
                                                         208 in June

> > > 1972   2,131 ALL Standard  308 in April   244 Blue
> > >                                                 445 in July    558
Yellow

> > > 1973   1,258 ALL Standard  185 in July    203 Orange

334 Yellow

> > > 1974       962 Standard          39 in Feb      151 Red
> > >                                                  61 in Mar      188
Orange
> > >                                                  65 in Aug      225
Yellow
> > >                                                113 in Sept

> > >                                                224 in Oct
> > >
> > >  1974        150 GTS                                     60 Blk/Slvr

30 Yellow-Gold

> > > TOTAL  5,244 Cars Imported to the US Market
> > >

> > > If  you have a MartiReport, please send them to me with your last 4
serial number digits in the subject line, or have info on any EuroCars
imported here and or Amerisport Cars.

> > > Cars Included
> > >
> > > 1490 as 71
          1661 as 71

> > > 3482 as 72
> > > 3960 as 72
> >    4234 as 72
>
> > > 5906 as 73
> > > 5926 as 73
> > >
> > > 6143 as 74
> > > 6328 as 74
> > > 6590 as 74
> > > 7207 as 74
> > > 7217 as 74
> > >
> > > Euro Car
> > >
> > > 5186 as 73            GTS          May             Blk/Sliver
> > >

> > > The following information was shared with me by Scott Bell who
credits George Pence.
> > > As soon as I can figure it out, we should be able to separate the US
and Euro cars

> > > The DeTomaso model year was in line with the calendar year I 1971.
The last 1971 Pantera was #2292, built in December 1971. Whereas north
American Ford had been building 1972 model Fords since July of 1971,
because they manufactured automobiles based on the fiscal year.

> > > The curious part of that difference ... chassis 2292 which was the
last 1971 Pantera, probably didn't hit a Lincoln showroom until February or
March of 1972. Ford had been selling 1972 models since September 1971.

> > > The DeTomaso model year was aligned with Ford's model year in 1973
... the DeTomaso 1973 model year was cut short, it was only 6 months long.
DeTomaso began manufacturing 1974 models in July of 1973, just like Ford.
My Pantera is one of them.

> > > Push Buttons (hand built models, a few were actually built before
January, in 1970)