[DeTomaso] Pantera Wheels on Early Mustang?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Nov 12 00:31:31 EST 2013

In a message dated 11/11/13 13 46 56, lashdeep at yahoo.com writes:

> So I need a set of spare wheels for my '66...
>
> I love lightweight items and thought of the 15x8 Pantera wheel.
>
> I know they bolt up.
>
> Does anyone have pictures of an early Mustang with them installed?
>

>>>Just FWIW, I planned to use a 15x7 Campagnolo wheel as the spare for my
'66 GT350 clone.   I mounted the tire on the wheel, and then was sad to
discover that the cast wheel is considerably thicker, and there was insufficient
thread remaining on the studs to run it safely.

So, you might have to fit longer studs.   But that's not the end of the
world.

Asa Jay runs them on his Mach 1, and I have seen several 65-66 fastbacks
with them as well.