[DeTomaso] MartiReport Compliation

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 19:48:01 EST 2013

Michael,

Perhaps you didn't know but the Registry has stored Marti Reports for years,
and you are more than welcome

to use them in your project, as I think 25-27 owners have shared their Marti
Report.

>From the main search page,

http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/Registry/SearchRegistryMain.asp

select Marti Report (near the bottom).

Sincerely

Chuck

I have only received SEVEN so far

Here are Current US Car numbers

1971      743 Produced         ALL Standard     120 in May
87 were Lime Green

1972   2,131 Produced         ALL Standard     308 in April
244 were Blue

445 in July                        558 were Yellow

1973   1,258 Produced          ALL Standard      185 in July
203 were Orange

1974   1,112 Produced           962 Standard         39 in Feb
151 were Red

65 in Aug                      188 were Orange

224 in Oct

                                                     150 were GTS
60 were Blk/Silver

TOTAL  5,244 Produced

If  you have a MartiReport, please send them to me with your last 4 serial
number digits in the subject line, or have info on any EuroCars imported
here and or Amerisport Cars.

Cars Included

1490 as 71

3482 as 72

3960 as 72

5926 as 73

6143 as 74

6590 as 74

7207 as 74

The following information was shared with me by Scott Bell who credit george
Pence.

As soon as I can figure it out, we should be able to separate the US and
Euro cars

The DeTomaso model year was in line with the calendar year I 1971. The last
1971 Pantera was #2292, built in December 1971. Whereas north American Ford
had been building 1972 model Fords since July of 1971, because they
manufactured automobiles based on the fiscal year.

The curious part of that difference ... chassis 2292 which was the last 1971
Pantera, probably didn't hit a Lincoln showroom until February or March of
1972. Ford had been selling 1972 models since September 1971.

The DeTomaso model year was aligned with Ford's model year in 1973 ... the
DeTomaso 1973 model year was cut short, it was only 6 months long. DeTomaso
began manufacturing 1974 models in July of 1973, just like Ford. My Pantera
is one of them.

Push Buttons (hand built models, a few were actually built before January,
in 1970)
Chassis 1001 - 1382
January 1971 - April 1971

Pre-L (The beginning of the assembly line models)
Chassis 1383 - 2292
April 1971 - December 1971

Total 1292 cars in 1971

Pre-L
Chassis 2293 - 4268
January 1972 - August 1972

Pantera L (These are officially called 1972-1/2 models)
Chassis 4269 - 4839
August 1972 - December 1972

Total 2547 cars in 1972

Pantera L (this is the short 6 month model year)
Chassis 4840 - 5899
January 1973 - June 1973

Total 1060 cars in 1973 (only 6 months)

Pantera L (aligned with Ford's production year, then extended. Should have
ended June 1974)
Chassis 5900 - 7380
July 1973 - August 1974

Total 1481 cars in 1974 (14 months!)

The total number of Pantera's based on the above data is 6380 from 71-74.

--

Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia
michael at michaelshortt.com