[DeTomaso] 5,639 Panteras 71-74 ??

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 12:34:27 EST 2013

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Jim Gray <grayjim at att.net> wrote:

> Maybe Jeff Detrich could enlighten the forum about daily drivers

Hah, I'm not even the minor leagues compared to some of the cars I've seen
at the Fun Rally, cars with over 100,000 miles, cars driven from all over
the USA to the Fun Rally. They are my heros. I will say that when i lived
in Chicago, I owned a new 74 and drove it to work every day from the
suburbs, as did several other owners that I knew in the Chicago club. Snow,
sleet, rain, hot weather, traffic jams, no matter; the car ran flawlessly
for the several years I owned it. People who complain that Panteras were
not reliable never owned a 74 L model. More importantly, my current car
always starts(except when I forget to plug in the Battery Tender!), doesn't
overheat, has working AC, and has a good body. There are things that I'd
like to do to it but the basics are there all the time. And I'd guess there
are lot of cars just like mine. Generally, there are fixes for any problem
you can imagine, esp now that we have the Forums.

As to the car count records, it sounds like a fun project. Perhaps POCA can
help Chuck gather the info for inclusion in the Registry?

Jeff
6559