[DeTomaso] NPC: Finally saw a 2014 Corvette

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Mon Nov 4 13:43:47 EST 2013

 My neighbor drove his new, white 2014 vette home about 2 weeks ago.  I saw him turn the corner onto our street from a block away and for an instant I thought it was a Gallardo.  He parked it in his driveway and I went over to take a close look.  I got to say I was impressed.  He got the 10K interior upgrade option and he let me sit in it and start it up.  He opened up the rear hatch which I thought put some good utility into the car.

I'm not particularly big on white but with the black grill on the hood, the black grills in the rear quarters and the black accents around the taillights and exhaust tips I thought it looked good.  I agree that black would not look good.

He said he ordered in from the local dealer in early October and was told he wouldn't get until February.   The dealer called him up after 3 weeks and said his car was in which surprised him.

I'm not in the market for a new performance car, but if I was, I'd seriously consider getting at 2014 vette.

Tom
5186