[DeTomaso] Fwd: Re: Alternate dip-stick location

dave londry davel at emspace.com
Fri Nov 1 13:30:32 EDT 2013

I did that - but drilling a 0.020" hole is no fun.
There is an eyeglass frame maker next to the machine shop I use.
They had a very cool laser drill that did it perfectly and they charged
me $18.
So I know that the hole is true.
I know that it's aimed right.
I know that it ran a stream when I put 30 psi water on it.
I know that it seems like a good idea.

Whether it does any good or not, I have no idea.
If (when) I get 20K miles on that gear, maybe I'll have an idea about
the wear pattern.
dave