[DeTomaso] Alternate dip-stick location

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Fri Nov 1 13:26:07 EDT 2013

 I too didn't like the way the oil would drain all over the frame so I just made a deflector shield out of a tin can so that it is roughly shaped like an upside down "L".  I slip it in from the top so the top of the shield rests on the top of the frame rail and the side covers the frame rail.  The draining oil hits the deflector and flows into the catch pan.  After the oil is out I just lift out the deflector, wipe it down and store it for the next oil change.

Tom
5186