[DeTomaso] Alternate dip-stick location

Stephen Nelson steve at snclocks.com
Fri Nov 1 11:56:28 EDT 2013

Yup – front sump.  And yes, the cross member is back there.  It looked like
I could double the size of the sump, then angle the dipstick up from a
side-mounted boss on the pan.  Routing below the headers and likely secured
below the rear corner head bolt.  But, I will be going down to look at the
mock-up in a couple of hours and have a better feel for how it will work.

My bit thing is to get the pan up out of the way of the brake cables and
re-locate the drain so it doesn’t piddle on the side frame member.  Oh, and
gain some oil capacity.

Stephen Nelson

SNClocks.com <http://www.snclocks.com/>

Click here to join one of our mailing lists Contact
<http://fs19.formsite.com/kagforms/form675003155/index.html>  Lists

Click here for our new
<http://www.snclocks.com/TheRestofourWorld/Hammered-Dulcimers/About-Steves-D
ulcimers/19824807_4sHGgj#1558377542_LKmkrT7> Hammered Dulcimers galleries

Click here for my new blog <http://www.perfectoldman.com/>  on finding
happiness in retirement

  _____