[DeTomaso] Seats: Specifically the Passenger Side Seat, and the Emergency Brake Housing.

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu May 30 18:54:15 EDT 2013

Possibly the simplest method involves making a pair of 1/8"-thick straps
about 1" to 2" wide with two sets of holes an inch apart, for the rails and
seat base to bolt in separately This offsets the seat towards the door. Early
in my flat-firewall mod I did this using 2" wide pieces of aluminum strap.
The offset allows the seat base to more than clear a totally stock E-brake
assembly (and a CD player mounted in front of it, in our car) and keep the
rails as stock, while also offsetting the seat back over a little towards the
door.
This allows the back to hit the firewall bubble further over on its curve,
allowing it to go back a bit further for some extra leg room- appreciated by
long-legged passengers. The only negative is, it cants the seat more than
stock relative to the centerline of the car, which will probably bother a few
people. And you need 4 extra bolts & nuts. FWIW- J DeRyke