[DeTomaso] Wrong size condenser

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Thu May 30 15:26:27 EDT 2013

For those that provided me dimensions for the condenser mounting holes in the fan shroud.....thank you.  Several confirmed that the left - right dimension was 19 to 19.25 inches.

I was coming up empty on getting an email address or phone number for ccs auto parts that sold me the condenser.  I couldn't find any contact information on ebay and I couldn't find them via google.   I then looked at the address label on the box they sent the condenser in and saw that they put their phone number and address on the label.  I called the number and talked to the guy on the other line and explained my problem.  He readily stated that there were two different sizes of condensers for Panteras and agreed to ship me the bigger one.  In fact he was going to ship the condenser out today with a return address label that I can use to ship the one I got back at their expense.  This was great because I thought I'd have to waste a week in shipping the small condenser back before they would ship me the bigger one.

Hopefully I'll get the new condenser installed in the next 7 to 10 days so I can report back if my A/C problem is fixed.  I suspect some of you (ok, maybe a lot of you) are getting tired of my posts on my search for Pantera A/C nirvana (like Mike Daily achieved).

Oh...BTW, I noticed that the hose connection for the top A/C hose on my current condenser goes straight into the condenser.  They new condenser has 90 degree bends in the fittings so they point at each other (top on bends down, bottom one bends up).   I don't think I have enough hose to make the bend to the turned down fitting.   Any suggestions where I can get a 90 degree adaptor so I don't have to bend the hose to connect to the condenser?

Tom