[DeTomaso] Pantera headers and mufflers - Another source

Andy May andymay24 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 11:50:27 EDT 2013

You might be on to something there Charles; one thing that comes to mind
straight away is the "fabricated" rear inner panels in the later cars. Did
yours come with GR3 mufflers? That may be another cause.

I do tend to be at about 2,800 in mine as it has the longer ratio in it -
4.00:1 I was told by the guy who rebuilt my box, though it was ordered with
a 3.77:1 that never seemed to make it out of the factory ;-) Unfortunately
my revs do tend to creep up until the speed limiter cuts in....

Did you get your carb sorted?

Andy