[DeTomaso] Pantera headers and mufflers - Another source

Andy May andymay24 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 09:57:32 EDT 2013

Mine has the standard headers that came with a european GT5S; 5/8 primaries
in to 3" collectors. It also came with the GR3 ANSA mufflers which has an
internal perforated Y pipe to the tail tubes and provides very little
effective muffling. Its pretty loud and probably about as loud as I could
get away with on UK roads without getting pulled over all the time.
However, once you roll the windows up the noise is not uncomfortable for
occupants at legal cruising speeds; though normal conversation takes some
work.

Perhaps the most interesting thing is mine has never suffered from the
2000-2500rpm drone that many report on other panteras. My thought is that
it may have something to do with the different firing order of the Windsor
engine to that of the Cleveland? Can anyone comment that may have
experience of Windsor/Cleveland swaps in the same car?

Andy