[DeTomaso] Pantera headers and mufflers - Another source

Robert Pink robpink2012 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 09:07:00 EDT 2013

Since we are talking about muffler systems I have the new Wilkinson system
on my car. I had it jet hot treated. In many ways I am happy with them. It
fits perfectly and is easy to install. The lack of the need for gaskets is
great. However a couple of issues. First it much louder than I had hoped.
It is the loudest car in the Space City Panteras group  if I don't count
cars with 180s or race cars. Second and more of a problem is a very
pronounced resonance between 2000 and 2500 RPM making it very unpleasant to
drive at these engine speeds . I have taken to picking gears that keep me
above or below this RPM range.
Has anyone noticed these issues?