[DeTomaso] Fan shroud dimensions

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Wed May 29 19:50:08 EDT 2013

I decided to buy a larger A/C condenser to fix my system problems at temps above 90 deg.  The condenser in my car is an aftermarket affair that is only a single row.

After getting input from several listers I bought the 4 row condenser that is being sold on ebay by ccsautoparts (http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeTomaso-Pantera-New-4-Rows-AC-a-c-Condenser-Air-Part-Flare-Fitting-/261138151859?).  They advertise that the condenser will drop right into the shroud mounting holes.

I received the condenser today and measured the dimensions of their mounting studs and then compared them to the dimensions of the mounting holes in the shroud.  The condenser and shroud lined up at 6.25 inches from top to bottom, however the condenser measured 17.5 inches from left to right while my shroud measured 19 inches.  I'm talking about the holes in the sides of the shroud and not the holes where the shroud bolts to the car body.

I would like to hear back from others on what their shroud mounting hole dimensions are.  I've seen several different styles of shrouds so I don't know if the condenser was made to fit a different shroud or if the condenser was made to the wrong dimensions.

Thanks,

Tom