[DeTomaso] Pantera gas tank

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Thu May 23 01:16:34 EDT 2013

Hi Pat,
When I bought my Pantera in 2006, it had a slow leak in the gas tank, so I had to pull and replace it.  In order to remove your gas tank, you must first remove the engine and transaxle.  It's much easier to remove both at the same time as one unit, then you can access the gas tank.
I'm going to send your note out to the Pantera forum to see if anyone else has any thoughts; there may be approaches I don't know about.
Sincerely,
ChrisPresident, Panteras Northwest
Pantera folks--here is the original email (please respond to Pat at the email address below):
01 - Name = PAT DEPAOLA02 - Email Address = BENNETTGARAGE at OPTIMUM.NET03 - Phone Number (optional) = 732-449-555404 - Your Message = HI I OWN A GARAGE IN SPRING LAKE NJ..JUST GOT IN A 1974 PANTERA DETAMASO..HAVE TO OVERHALL THE ENTIRE CAR..HOW LONG TO DROP THE GAS TANK..ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED..PAT