[DeTomaso] Back again.

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed May 22 22:20:13 EDT 2013

If you mean Rob in Jax, I'm 120 miles up I-95 in Savannah. One more in town
here and 2 more on Hilton Head Island ( but I'm trying to sell one of them
if you know anybody looking ).

Photos here and details below.

https://plus.google.com/photos/115453501648347651437/albums/5831895605089518721?authkey=CPnemODZwZTX0AE

I'll put together another Summer Summit later this year, join us.

Details at www.michaelspantera.com

Michael Shortt
71 Pre-L Pantera
Savannah, Ga.

29,575 original miles.  351 Cleveland, ZF 5 speed. The car is super
straight, never been hit or had the body repaired, it is rust free. The car
was orginally green and was painted red 20 years ago and the paint as you
can see looks amazing.
Modifications include the following items ( all ofr which can be removed
easily ). At one time, there were driving lights installed on the front (
Remember the 80's? ) and there are two neatly drilled holes  behind
the front signal lights under the bumperettes, you can't see these with the
car on the ground. It has a Eldebrock Aluminum intake, a Holley Carb, an
Electronic ign and an Electric fuel pump. Driver door mounted
window controls were added as was a ZF temp guage and a vendor sourced
Detomaso Steering wheel. The wheels have been refinished and clear coated
and the BF Goodrich ties appear to be like new.
 It has Gates green stripe hoses. The interior is like NEW.  the carpet is
like NEW, the glass is like NEW. The trunk insert looks NEW, although a
DeTomaso name plate usually found on the rear frame was added to it.
The front boot is super clean. A heim joint support was added to the shift
linkage and the thing shifts smooth, like "butter". The chrome is
excellent.  The front grill emblem looks almost new, not pitted or faded at
all.
 The exhaust system was recently replaced and the chrome tips are something
very rare, these were sold by Pantera dealers back in the day and I have
never even seen a pair before these in perfect condition.
The front valance and rockers were painted satin black last summer, they
had never been pained black before, the headliner was replaced with a new
one last year and looks NEW.
 The rear deck lid was sealed to prevent vibrations and the rattle noise,
you can see the sealer in the photos. It also has a remote trunk release.
 The four corner marker lights look NEW.
It also has the emergency hood release cable modification with an under
dash secondary release cable installed. All panel gaps look even and well
spaced.
 The wiper blade supports and arms are the original units ( very hard to
find ).  I think the mirrors are the Dodge Colt units which were very
popular upgrades back in the 80's.
It was built in December 1971.  All numbers match the plate, including the
ZF. Please email if you have questions, No trades or Payment plans.  No
scams, no third parties, cash and bank wire transfers only.

Gents:
I can't tell you how it is good to be back with old friends! I'm glad my
antics with #2428 have provided you with entertainment, technical
knowledge, cursing, or all three but thick or thin, you saw me get that
Pre-L I bought from Jim Last in Sacramento, drove it back to San Luis
Obispo/Los Osos, and began a near 3 year trek to finally bringing her to
the Las Vegas/ Plaza Hotel Fun Rally in 2001. It has brought many fine
memories and working with great people and I have to hand it to PCNC, you
folks did set the gold standard.  However, instead of making a comparison,
I think it serves me well to take what I have learned from that school and
teach it to others.

Almost immediately, I made friends here in Florida the moment I posted my
return to the forum. Oddly enough, I was on my way down to Tampa from
Virginia about a year ago or so when I spotted a northbound purple colored
P-car on 95.  He turns out to be a member of our forum who lives just 3
hours north of me in Jacksonville. I had a nice long chat with him and
offered my services should he need them.

I don't know the current state of South East Panteras but it would be a
good thing to reactivate or revitalize this group with the same or similar
verve I had with others.

I still have #2428 holed up in Los Osos and will eventually need to bring
her down to Florida.  Ditto with Rod Kunishige's old car, which needs dire
attention.

Incidentally, I've preached the glories of POR-15 just recently to a new
friend of mine in the area who is building a  Model A chop topped sedan