[DeTomaso] broken exhaust pipe

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed May 22 22:03:37 EDT 2013

In a message dated 5/22/13 14 01 12, Edracers at aol.com writes:

>     I was driving up a hill here yesterday and I  suddenly heard a very
> loud exhaust note. Turns out the right stock muffler fall  off. The
> exhaust
> pipe broke just before the header. Does anyone  sell this portion of the
> exhaust pipe ( from the muffler to the header)?
>

>>>No, but that's the kind of thing that should be easy enough to fix at a
local muffler shop.

Sounds like your exhaust system might be toast though.   The Hawaiian
climate is not very Pantera-friendly. :<(

Patch it together and take it to your friendly custom hot-rod muffler shop
and see what they say.   If it's too expensive, it shouldn't be hard to find
good, used, stock muffler assemblies.   And I can probably hand-carry them
to you to save the freight.   I'm going to Hawaii again (I think) sometime
around June 3rd.

Or, you might go all the way and buy one of Wilkinson's fantastic stainless
steel copies of the factory GTS system.   The price is fantastic, and the
offer to hand-deliver still holds there too.   (I've already taken two such
systems to Tokyo a few months ago...)