[DeTomaso] "California Car" - Valid Term?

richard bosch theemonkey at yahoo.com
Wed May 22 15:45:44 EDT 2013

 Now I know why Excursion #3 ( a 2006) gets the worst gas mileage of any of
> > the three ( 2000, and 2003) that I have owned.
Michael Shortt
This is why i(a Kalifornia native) bought my 2000 F350 V10 powered Dually used from Texas.For a 7500 pound truck when empty it gets great mileage(15 mpg.)It got 20 mpg when driving it home from Houston thru Arizona,then dropped down to 15mpg in Ca.Different gas and terrain in CA is my guess as to why it is lower.

PS,only problems so far have been the recall for the brake switch,which i did myself.In fact i drove the Pantera to the dealer to get the part.The Pantera started a small riot with the tech dept. as the service  bays are next to the parts department,and my fuel pump started to go out at 145k miles and i had to order it because it was a 49 state.So i guess there is a balance between Michael and i in the fuel pump world.  :)
Richard