[DeTomaso] NPC Gone in 60 Seconds Mustang

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed May 22 13:51:00 EDT 2013

In a message dated 5/22/13 10 27 27, spkorb at gmail.com writes:

> So if I get my POS '68 FB running again and get Cage to sit in it I could
> sell it for...
>
> Seriously, is the market for these things that good?  It's just a damn
> Shelby tribute car.  But it does look like a FB that's worth $20k could be
> woth $40k if I put $5k worth of accessories on it.  Damn.
>

>>>The BS add-on parts are a LOT more than that.   Heck, the wheels and
tires alone are probably more than $5K.   There is a lot of stuff going on
underneath this car--radical suspension modifications, monster brakes, killer
engine, etc. etc.

All that said, I'm convinced that these cars are the Beanie Babies of the
automotive world.   Remember how nutso people got when those stupid things
first came out?   People were hoarding them like they were precious, and
valuable.   The craze passed and now they're worthless.

The time is coming for these cars--in fact I'm very surprised it's not
already here.   It wouldn't even surprise me if the high bidder was the existing
owner of the car, trying to inflate its value somehow....

Mike (I would pay more for a replica of the car from the original
movie--looking like it did at the END of the movie!)