[DeTomaso] Speedometer

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Tue May 21 07:01:58 EDT 2013

There are 2 thumb screws that need to be removed.  The speedo fits into
the dash, and there is a metal bracket that holds it in from behind.
There are two studs in the speedo.  The studs fit through the bracket, and
then the thumbscrews.

I believe they have small lock washers on them too.

Once you get the thumb screws removed, you can push the speedo out of the
dash.  It is wedged into the dash pretty tight, but it comes out.

There is the speedo cable that Steve mentioned, plus there's the trip
odometer reset cable.  I *think* you can push the speedo out with both
attached.  It depends on the slack on the cables.  Even if you can't, it
is easier to remove them after pushing the speedo out a little.
--
Will