[DeTomaso] heater valve

John Buckman jb841 at cox.net
Mon May 20 13:26:28 EDT 2013

I can do better than that!   I have an original heater valve, still in
the Ford box.   Yes, it's a compression fitting, and the valve comes with a
compression hoozit

>>>That's the later valve with a flare adapter.  The early valve just used the pipe thread that is on the end
of the valve.  The early heater core had a "washer" attached to the copper tubing of the heater core that was
the "sealing seat" for the pipe thread.  This was not a very good arrangement (seal) and was later changed
to the flare.

Early '71 heater valve and bracket:

Fitting on early '71 heater core:

There is a "fix" that was done by another Pantera owner.  The packing end of the valve was threaded and a
compression nut and packing were added.  If I can find that post, I will report back.

John