[DeTomaso] Dash

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun May 19 22:23:54 EDT 2013

In a message dated 5/19/13 8 19 17, rimovp at gmail.com writes:

> When did they change from the two pod dash to the singe pod dash? I
> always thought the two pod dash was great looking, more Italian but I recall
> owners of the two poders say gauge visibility is much more difficult. My old
> car's speedometer had kilometers per hour rather than miles per hour so I
> never much bothered looking at the speedometer in the first place and I
> always knew when the engine was at 2200 rpms.
>

>>>In terms of the calendar, the changeover took place around January of
'73, after roughly 800 L-models were built with the Pre-L dash (with the
modification of an upholstered wooden box in the center, between the two A/C
vents, with the seat belt warning light on the front, and a green illumination
light for the radio on the bottom).

I think the most attractive dash is what you had in your Euro GTS; it had
the single-pod configuration like an L-model dash, but it was made in a
completely different manner--it was fiberglass upholstered with alcantara
(mouse-fur material).   Cars like that are very difficult to find.