[DeTomaso] NORC

mark skwarek ehpantera at yahoo.com
Sun May 19 18:16:15 EDT 2013

We have just arrived @ Sam's Town for the festivities.

Had a great race. Hopefully I was not DQ'ed at the start for excessive speed.

After 10 miles, I smelled oil. Looking in the rear view mirror, all I could see was oil. looking over my shoulder, I could see lots of smoke and oil flying around. Doing 138 mph at this time. I found that if I went below 115 mph things were not too bad. I decided to press on, not wanting a DNF.

I managed to finish the race avg 117-118. (Will get results tonight).

For the last mile I decided to abandon caution and do 138 mph at the finish line with smoke billowing out the rear.

I had a great time and look foward to doing it again, even if it is a 2600 mile tow.

Mark
5481