[DeTomaso] heater valve

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun May 19 16:53:50 EDT 2013

Sorry, I didn't fully answer your question.  What Ian is talking about
is the top of the valve, not the internals.  I can't recall exactly what
is up there, but from the photo I have of mine it looks like a kind of
compression fitting, though the top of the valve appears to be standard
pipe thread.  I -can- say it does look like I used some teflon tape on
mine when I re-assembled.  What it looks like on the inside I couldn't
say and can't remember.  Perhaps someone else has one removed and can
speak intelligently about exactly how that top fitting works.

Asa

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA