[DeTomaso] heater valve

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun May 19 16:01:59 EDT 2013

There is in fact a tiny o-ring inside the heater valve. Some Pantera
vendors carry it, as does McMasters-Carr in L.A. Bill Taylor's date base lists the
source size & part number (I think).There are two different series of
heater valve but the internal o-ring is the same for both.
I don't think its possible to strip the valve with it installed in the car,
so you'll have to remove it to replace the o-ring (once you have one in
hand). Be VERY careful to 'back up' the attach nut to the heater tube when
removing or replacing the valve. Even people who should know better have
over-torqued the attach nut and cracked that ancient thin-wall copper heater
tubing. Then the dash DOES need to come out. Cheers- JDeryke