[DeTomaso] Dash Removal

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun May 19 01:30:28 EDT 2013

In a message dated 5/18/13 16 45 10, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> Jack, what I was surprised to find was that there are four horizontal
> pipes
> coming out of my heater box, two on each side, in addition to the two in
> front for the dash vents and one on top for the middle defrost vent.  My
> defroster hoses were connected to the lower ones on each side, and the
> uppers to nothing (one was taped over, the other just open).  Why are
> there
> four side outlets?
>

>>>Somebody has your system jacked up.

The upper pipes are for the defroster hoses to the two side defroster vents
(single-pod dash has three round defroster vents), while the two lower
pipes are to direct hot air to the driver and passenger footboxes.   Sounds like
with your current setup, if you select the defroster setting, you don't get
full defroster action?

The parts book shows it reasonably clearly:

http://www.panterasbywilkinson.com/webpages/catalog/ill19c.html