[DeTomaso] Mecum Indianapolis

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri May 17 22:08:18 EDT 2013

In a message dated 5/17/13 12 42 43, dakelm at qwest.net writes:

> An "L" front bumper with "Pre-L" rear bumpers? Why, oh, why, oh,
> why?!!!!!!!!!!!
>

>>>Good question--and this isn't the only car I've seen that has had this
treatment done to it.

Some people really like the look of the front L-model bumper.   I must
confess that when I was shopping, I wanted an L, because a red L was the car
that I saw most when I was growing up.   I bought a Pre-L and toyed with the
idea of converting it to L-model bumpers, even going so far as to buy the
front turn signal pods to graft onto the underside of the fenders.

But then I thought better of it and now I vastly prefer the Pre-L look.
If I had an L-model, first thing I would do would be to fit Euro-style
bumperettes.