[DeTomaso] Door handles

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri May 17 16:09:09 EDT 2013

The only advice I have is to NOT try removing the plastic ball-coupler from
the handle assembly. After 42 years, the plastic has gone glass-brittle and
will usually crack instead of popping off. Instead, do whats necessary to
unscrew the threaded link to remove.
There are a couple of suppliers of billet metal replacement handles; I
suggest one in which the handle mount is contoured to match the door panel
curvature. This keeps the hole in the door panel from being forced flat around
the handle when tightening the new assembly into the door. FWIW- J Deryke