[DeTomaso] Shocks

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri May 17 00:30:56 EDT 2013

Carrera was acquired by QA1, the latter of which I personally think are decent shocks for the money. They are available in both bushed and heim ends and single or double adjustable from retailers like Summit Racing.
Moreover specific to your 'clunk' I wonder if the shocks had just been bolted up without consideration of the fact that the heim ends are imperial sized whereas the Pantera shock mounting is metric. It's about a 0.030" diameter difference, but remember that is each end of the shock and some significant 'play'! I mounted my QA1's with a spacer that steps into the heim bore to take up the difference. The alternative would be to ream out the shock mount and switch to an Imperial bolt size.
Julian