[DeTomaso] A/C test results

Forest Goodhart forestg at att.net
Thu May 16 22:54:37 EDT 2013

See tech bulletin 9, article 78.

________________________________
From: Mike Dailey <panteraplace at hotmail.com>
To: JDeRyke at aol.com; detomaso at poca.com
Sent: Thu, May 16, 2013 6:16:02 PM
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] A/C test results

Jack,

I have the 71 type switch with the single set of electrical contacts.  I was
able to pull away some of the black AC insulation and pull the probe out of
the evaporator/heater box.  I found that the first AC guys I worked with did
not extend the probe very far into the box.  It is the type without the bulb
on the end of the probe and I was able to reroute the probe so it extends a
number of inches further into the box and is now located between the
evaporator coils and the right side of the box with the end facing the exit
vents.  This puts it pretty well downstream and away from the fan inlets.
Also had to keep its path away from the heater fan resister that puts out
heat.

We will see if it works better at detecting and controlling the temp
tomorrow.  At least now I know I can move it around in the box and find the
best position.