[DeTomaso] A/C test results

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Wed May 15 20:51:39 EDT 2013

 Mike,

Welcome to the A/C treasure hunt.   Sounds like we have similar experiences in that vent air is not very cold at high way speeds and too cold at low speeds.   I was googling on ideal A/C temps and found a youtube video that explained how various parts of the system can be measured to verify operating efficiency ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRbWx23Tgsw ).   I don't have the fancy measuring equipment but I used my temperature probe to measure the air temp entering the condenser (80 deg) and the air temp exiting the vent (36 deg) at idle.   The difference of 47 deg exceeds their stated minimum of 30 deg, but I still thinking it's too cold at idle making me wonder if I have too much R-12 in the system.  I going to talk to some A/C shops and see what they have to say.

Good luck in your quest.

Tom