[DeTomaso] Looking for parts

Jack Donahue demongusta at me.com
Tue May 14 15:34:54 EDT 2013

Mike
Thanks, you just cleared up a little problem I was having regarding the fiberglass panel (rear bulkhead). While I was recovering from an accident, my car was at Hall Pantera. I was offered a  center "bubble" made of carbon fiber to match my gauge panel. I accepted. I have never been happy with it as it squeaks terribly against the leather passenger seat. Now that I am in pursuit of a new thermostat, I am uncovering a lot of maladies. The first of which were my seat railings (tracks). There were no spacers and the tracks were beat with a strong arm and metal hammer. Without spacers, and screwed down to the floor pan, they not only don't move (very very difficult-out of the car), but were buckled, either from the beating they took, or being torqued to the belly-pan. Either way, I have been playing with them for a week now, and can barely slide them. I have one that I can move "without" a rubber hammer. The wheels are in good shape, but the railings themselves are tweaked. So I am still looking for some. I also found I have the Weiland pump, which is why I addressed it in earlier emails. I'll keep it for now - one thing at a time. I would like to get that fiberglass panel that you mentioned and go back to "stock" for now. I'll send you some pictures so you will better understand what I am dealing with.
Jack