[DeTomaso] New Options for 15" Tires

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue May 14 13:38:57 EDT 2013

FWIW the TB's are manufactured by Coker Tire who acquire a lot of older generation molds and continue manufacturing. Most of the GT40 guys and many Cobra owners are running the Avon CR66ZZ (V rated) and rate them highly for dry use with good life and they are manageable in the wet.

I would not advocate using a Hoosier R6 for street use, they are a race tire and not street legal. Contrary to general belief a "DOT Competition" designation does not make them legal for street use. Of course everything is okay until you get into an accident or encounter a keen eye cop.

I believe Cooper tires produce the Cobra GT with a good selection of widths in 15" diameter, however only S or T speed rated.

Julian